We all love bread. The delight of a soft piece of sandwich bread is perhaps one of the most cherished delights, and rightfully so. This notwithstanding, one of the largest concerns is how to make gluten free sandwich bread without compromising the softness of the bread. There are many people who are allergic to gluten, or people who generally dislike it. Let’s face it, gluten is not for everyone, but this does not have to stop you from enjoying soft scrumptious sandwich bread. Gluten free and soft are two words that are rarely used together, mostly because majority of gluten free products tend to be dry. Good news though, soft gluten free sandwich bread is possible. How is it made? Here are ten very simple steps to making soft gluten free sandwich bread.
1. Prepare your cooking pan: One of the tips to making sandwich read is giving the bread enough space to rise. Prepare a large bread pan by greasing and lining it.
2. Mix the dry yeast and sugar in a bowl, and mix it gently with warm milk or water. Once you have done this, leave the bowl in a warm location, and allow it to rise until it reaches twice or three times its original size. This allows for the activation of yeast.
3. Next step is to mix all your ingredients in a bowl, and preferably a large bowl. It is advisable to use a whisk to make sure the ingredients are blended well.
4. Introduce the blended ingredients into a second bowl. Here, run your mixer slowly and gently. This serves the purpose of evenly mixing the ingredients.
5. Add activated yeast to the ingredients above, and mix them together. Pay keen attention not to flatten the mixture. This can result in destruction of important bubbles. You don’t want to lose these bubbles.
6. At this point, you will need to turn your mixture to low. At this level, introduce your ingredients in portions or 100 ml at a time, until you have all of them in. Now turn the mixture to its medium speed and set it for one minute only.
7. Allow the dough to rest for a minute once you turn the mixture off, then introduce it into your bread pan.
8. Use a warm wet towel or a cling film to cover the bread pan. Place this bowl in a warm place. A great tip is to fill your kitchen sink with hot water, and place the bowl on a rack atop the hot water.
9. Wait about 40 minutes. The dough should have doubled in size by now. Now, place it in an oven and bake for an additional 40 minutes until the bread achieves a golden crust.
10. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool a bit before you begin to cut it.
At this point your gluten free sandwich bread is ready. It is a good idea let it cool completely by storing it in sealed plastic container. It is as easy as these ten simple steps. Next time you crave gluten free sandwich bread for you or your family, make a dash to the kitchen and try this out.